The Preserve is located on a section of the Gull River just outside the Town of Minden is about 2.5 hrs. north east of Toronto on highway 35. The Preserve is located approximately 7 kilometers north east of Minden on the Gull River via Country Rd. 20. Turn South onto Bethel Road and cross the single lane bridge. The driveway to the Preserve campground will be immediately on your right.
The Minden Wild Water Preserve is privately owned and operated by Whitewater Ontario for the use of its members. Please be respectful of other campers in the Preserve. Dogs must be leashed at all times. There is a quiet time (no loud music, noise) between the hours of 11 pm. and 8am. Failure to comply with this may result in camper eviction.
The Preserve's 100 acres include:
- well drained campsites with picnic tables and fire pits
- large and small picnic shelters
- indoor and outdoor washroom facilities
- hot and cold running water
- trails for hiking, biking or cross country skiing
- WO Members camping: $12.00 / night (children who are 16 yrs & under and in the accompaniment of a parent or guardian, may camp for free)
- Non-Members camping: $17.00 / night (children who are 16 yrs & under and in the accompaniment of a parent or guardian, may camp free)
- Season Camping Pass is available for $ 150.00.
- Day Use: $2.00/ day
- Firewood - WO Member: $5.00
- Firewood - Non Member: $5.00
- Notice will be posted at the woodshed indicating firewood will be made available when summer students or staff are on site from 9am-5pm. Alternatively, firewood may be purchased in town for approx. $8.00.
Training Centre and Rental Fees
The Whitewater Centre is available for day or weekend rental. It features a main hall, fully equipped kitchen, enclosed vestibule, second floor washrooms, and is equipped with tables and chairs and a TV-VCR.
- Day Use - $125.00 for members or $150.00 for non-members. Overnight sleeping is NOT permitted in the building.
- Weekend Use - Friday evening to Sunday evening $200.00 for members or $250.00 for non-members. Overnight sleeping is NOT permitted in the building.
- Holiday weekends Friday evening to Monday evening $250.00 for members or $300.00 for non-members. Overnight sleeping is NOT permitted in the building.
- All rentals are subject to $200.00 security deposit. The deposit is non-refundable if significant damage occurs or fixtures/appliances are damaged and/or missing. Damage in excess of $200.00 will be charged against the renter. The deposit will be lost if keys are not returned at the end of the rental period.
- When renting the kitchen a deposit of $100.00 must be paid in advance and will be refunded if the kitchen is left in good order.
- Camping fees are additional to Building Rental.
- Day use only refers to daytime use and does not include overnight use unless the following day is also rented.
- Deposits will be refunded one week following rental period. General security deposit will be lost if keys are not returned at the end of rental period
- Whitewater Ontario maintains a small fleet of boats at the Preserve which may be loaned out on the off season - see the boat loan policy for more information.
WO Events (eg slalom races, Andrew Westlake Memorial etc)
The Preserve hosts a number of weekend events throughout the summer often involving out of province participants and where the RPC is utilized as a base of operations. Group organizers of these events are not required to pay a rental fee for use of the facility.
Any Group (including all sanctioned WO events) using the RPC for cooking meals and the meeting hall, are required to post a deposit of $80 for clean up of the building. Such deposit is to be submitted to the office at time of booking and is refundable if the facility is left clean and in good repair.
Group Organizers Must:
* confirm membership affiliation of participants (i.e. WO or PSO)
* collect camping fees at the time of Event Registration
* clearly separate registration fees from camping fees, and
* submit payment directly to the WO office